HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and portfolio link (or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established more than 15 years ago, Hypothesis continues to build its reputation as a premium, sought-after consumer insights, brand, and strategy consultancy. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, with a new office in Seattle, Hypothesis conducts strategic, custom work for some of the world’s most important brands including Disney, Uber, Fitbit, eBay, Starbucks, Mattel, and Netflix, among others. While we are known for our creative thinking, cross-industry experience, and highly designed deliverables, it’s really our highly seasoned team that really differentiates us. And, we are looking to add to that team as we continue to grow. Specifically, we seek a highly experienced individual for the role of “Senior Designer” to add to our growing design team.
The ideal candidate is someone interested in information design (infographics, icons, reports) with a fresh, modern aesthetic. We’re inspired by Nicholas Felton, GOOD, and Martin Oberhauser and hope you are too. We also love cheeky design and run an IG dataviz account @hypothesisgroup. We design independently but work together with researchers to create brilliant, beautiful, branded reports for big-name clients. We are leaders in our industry doing innovative design work.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Designs infographics, proposals, slides, and reports using best practices in layout, typography, and color
- Presents design and art work to internal clients
Translates approved objectives into work plans and procedures
Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach, an specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video and sound
Helps to ensure brand standards and design standards are maintained in all projects
Confidently communicate and present creative concepts and design rationale
- Good sense of humor and friendly attitude
- An appreciation for great design that communicates information in a clear, exciting way
- Multitasking skills
- Great communication skills, verbal and written
- Work quickly and efficiently
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to take direction/critique
- Strong knowledge of typography, layout, illustration
- Expertise in Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Intermediate web development skills a bonus
- 5+ years experience in graphic design, information design, or infographic design
We're productive, but we know how to balance work and play. We work in a beautiful DTLA office that's right at the 7th and Metro stop. Dress is casual. Employees are offered a benefits package, 401k with matching, paid vacation, parking on-site or metro reimbursement, and social activities.