Director of Human Resources and Operations
HOW TO APPLY
Write a cover letter that includes an explanation of why you’re interested in this position and why you think you are a good fit.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hypothesis is a premium consulting and creative agency that uses consumer insights and data visualization to help inform and guide our client-partners’ most important business decisions. We work with some of the best brands in the world to help make them even better. Founded in 2000, we continue to grow and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
The Staff Accountant will provide accounting support to the organization and ensure that appropriate financial processes and systems are in place. Creates and maintains a culture of compliance and organizational excellence through collaboration with accounting manager.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Maintains employee and project setup in the labor job costing software, as well as makes sure employees are posting their time properly.
- Gathers, prepares, and enters accounts payable vouchers into the accounting system.
- Prepares vendor and employee expense payments by checks and ACH on a weekly basis.
- Processes automated and recurring cash disbursements from the bank account on a daily basis.
- Prepares and maintains the weekly American Express credit card expense posting to the accounting system.
- Initiates project file setup in the accounting system and prepares the corresponding files for the company’s records.
- Posts electronic customer payments to accounts receivable.
- Helps gather, prepare, and post monthly journal entries for financial statement preparation. This includes prepaids, accruals, depreciation, etc.
- Assists in year-end close functions such as 1099 processing and year-end journal entries.
- Maintains various paper and electronic files for the company, including but not limited to accounts payable invoices and payments, W-9’s, project files, etc.
- Maintains and analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information. This includes various expense reporting, insurance policy information, etc.
- Assists in the development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions from management and team members by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed and accurately.
- Assists in any other requests and duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Advanced Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills. This includes Pivot tables and charts, macros, logic formulas, and V-Lookups.
- 3+ years experience in full cycle accounting and strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- 3+ years experience with large ERP software programs and time-reporting software. Deltek Vision experience a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Writes strong and professional emails both internally and to clients.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree(Advanced Degree preferred)
- Thrives working in fast environment.
We're productive, but we know how to balance work and play. We work in a beautiful DTLA office that's right at the 7th and Metro stop. Dress is casual. Employees are offered a benefits package, 401k with matching, paid vacation, parking on-site or metro reimbursement, and social activities.
Hypothesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer