VP of Finance
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this position and why you think you are a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hypothesis Group is a premium consulting and creative agency that uses consumer insights and data visualization to help inform and guide our client-partners’ most important business decisions. We work with some of the best brands in the world to help make them even better. Founded in 2000, we continue to grow and we are looking for a rock star HR Generalist to join our team.
We are looking for a seasoned HR Generalist who will support the VP of Finance of Hypothesis in the fast growing Los Angeles office. The HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting HR and People Operations in all key aspects of the HR process. Hypothesis is a company that firmly believes that happy employees are the key to success. This includes providing employees with strong career support, work life balance and competitive benefits. The ideal candidate embraces this philosophy and helps make Hypothesis the place where everyone wants to be.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Recruiting: manage all job postings, set up interviews, keep job descriptions relevant
- Benefits: Administer benefit plan enrollments, work closely with benefit broker, answer employee questions and identify best plans for company reenrollment cycles.
- Onboarding: Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Verify I-9s and maintain that they are current, manage the set up process for new hires (phones, computers, desk location, etc. Assist in conducting employee orientation, development, and training.
- Employee Engagement: Answer employee requests and questions, proactively advocate for employees, have keen awareness of the office environment and a pulse on employee satisfaction at all times. Create bonding experiences through ideating and executing against a variety of company-wide activities (holiday and office celebrations, town hall meetings, achievement recognition etc)
- Performance Reviews: create a monitoring system that will keep performance reviews on track, follow up with managers to ensure completion, maintain the organization of reviews within the HR system
- Administrative tasks: Include, but are not limited to, employee onboarding and exit, benefit tracking (e.g. sick time, vacation time, personal days) administer harassment training and compliance and other relevant tasks as needed.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as needed.
- 4-6 years’ experience in HR department
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly organized and efficient; able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Anticipates issues before they occur and plans option-based contingencies
- Knows when/how to be assertive to get things done
- Quick to respond to requests and is completely dependable on follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- MS Office